The Beauty and Dynamic of an Outdoor Kitchen
It has been long believed that indoor kitchens are the number one home improvement project in terms of keeping their value. Outdoor kitchens are joining the category of wise home improvement projects. The National Associations of Home Builders finds that outdoor kitchen projects keep their value and then some. Outdoor kitchens add 130% of their value to a home. You will find that many homeowners today are joining the outdoor kitchen movement. Companies also are already completely changing their business model to join the outdoor kitchen industry.
As the popularity of outdoor kitchens grows some companies are already changing their business models to join the booming outdoor kitchen industry. New and innovative products are available. The days of a kettle grill and picnic table are fading as a distant memory. Instead, terms like “outdoor room” and “outdoor living area: are cropping up.
With all kinds of companies trying to join the outdoor kitchen industry, not everybody has the experience or product line that will stand the test of time. Will your outdoor kitchen become a valuable asset to your home or a waste of money without the proper planning?
Important tips when planning your outdoor kitchen with regard to retaining value:
- Compliment your space. Your outdoor kitchen will add the most value if it complements a comfortable outdoor living space or pool. It shouldn’t be just a place to prepare food but a beautiful social gathering area. Planned seating, shade, even music, and tv to accompany the cooking area.
- Materials that will last. A quality grill, polymer cabinetry, good stonework and; the right countertop will stand the test of time. It is better to pick the best quality product in the beginning. Poor craftsmanship will turn your investment into a headache and eyesore in no time at all.
- Don’t fall for pretty pictures alone. The pretty pictures of brand new installations don’t prove a product belongs outdoors. An improvement store recently featured a do-it-yourself island that consisted of painted pine lumber, a tile top on plywood, with tons of decorative accents like fabric-covered storage bins. Looks great for the photo shoot, but what do you have? It won’t last.
- Be reasonable with your appliance selection. Pick a grill with a high-quality stainless steel interior, but you can skip some of the over-the-top bells and whistles. Versatile appliances like kamado style cookers think ( Big Green Egg) can do the job of a pizza oven, smoker, charcoal grill and more.
- Identify quality items that can’t be changed easily. Identify appliances that can be replaced easily if they fail but grills that have a granite and supporting structure cut to fit that exact model of grill can’t be changed easily.
- Look for history. Several outdoor kitchens and grill companies offer a lifetime warranty and have gone out of business recently. That doesn’t mean there aren’t some really great new ideas in outdoor kitchens that we can implement for you. You need to keep your projects in reasonable line with your neighborhood to see the value of your investment. Let us help you make these dynamic, beautiful, and life-changing designs to your wonderful new Outdoor Kitchen Entertainment Center for your home.