Timberline® ArmorShield™ II SBS Modified GAF IR Shingles
Potential Insurance Savings…
Passes UL 2218 Class 4 Impact Test, and may qualify for insurance discounts. Each shingle is labeled with special information needed to qualify for premium discounts according to the requirements of the Texas Department of Insurance.
Excellent Wind Performance…
Meets Class F wind rating from Underwriters Laboratories—the highest rating possible. Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand maximum wind gusts of up to 130 mph!**
Passes UL 2218 Class 4, UL’s toughest impact test (shingles show no evidence of cracks or ruptures on front or back of shingle immediately after impact). Compare to “standard” shingles, which may have ruptures or cracks visible on the front or back of the shingle immediately after large hail impact.
Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection (visit gaf.com/aps to learn more)
Peace Of Mind…
Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation coverage) for the first ten years
Ridge Cap Shingles…
Use our Seal-A-Ridge® ArmorShield™ SBS Modified IR Ridge Cap GAF IR Shingles They’re a unique color match to GAF ArmorShield™ Series Shingles.
If the inspector thinks you may have damage, your next step would be to file an insurance claim with your homeowner’s insurance company. A lot of people ask: “Will insurance pay for a new roof?” This depends on your policy and who you have on your team. A trained professional can determine whether the damage is functional or cosmetic in nature.
Homeowners: It’s very important that you have your contractor come out and inspect the roof with your insurance adjuster. You have to remember the insurance company is looking for reasons NOT to replace your roof. That’s why it’s important to make sure your contractor inspects the roof with the adjuster.
Timberline® ArmorShield™ II GAF IR Shingles
- Passes UL 2218 Impact Test with
Class 4 rating (highest possible)
- SBS modified asphalt formula for flexibility and impact resistance
- Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty
- Fiberglass asphalt construction
- Size: 13 1/4″ x 39 3/8″ with 5 5/8″ exposure
- StainGuard® Protection*
- UL 790 Class A fire rated
- Classified in accordance with AC438
- ASTM D7158 Class H
- ASTM D3018 Type 1
- ASTM D3161 Class F
- ASTM D3462 (See Details)
- Approx. 64 Pieces/Sq.
- Approx. 3 Bundles/Sq.
- Approx. 256 Nails/Sq.
- Florida Building Code approved
- Texas Dept. of Insurance approved
- ICC approved
- Passes UL 2218 Impact Test with
* See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions.
Seal-A-Ridge® ArmorShield SBS Modified IR Ridge Cap GAF IR Shingles
- For use with GAF ArmorShield™ Series Shingles and Glenwood® Lifetime Designer Shingles
- For use with GAF UL 2218 Class 4 Shingles
- SBS modified asphalt design
- Passes UL 2218 Class 4 (highest rating)
- 5” (127 mm) exposure
- Approx. 12” (305 mm) wide
- 4 bundles cover approx. 100 lineal feet (30 lm)
- Approx. 60 pieces per bundle
- Approx. 2 nails per piece
- UL Listed to ANSI/UL 790 Class A
- Meets ASTM D3462
- ICC-ES ESR 1475 and ICC-ES ESR-3267
Ask your roofing expert at TRS Roofing about how GAF IR Shingles can protect your home.