Regular Roofing Maintenance can help protect your home by catching damage to your roof before it causes further damage. Call TRS for a roofing Maintenance Inspection.
For most people, the purchase of a house is the biggest investment they will make. It is not just a property it is your home that you trust to keep your family safe. It only makes sense that like a vehicle you would have regular maintenance checks. TRS can inspect your roof for any issues and often catch problems before they get worse, protecting your investment which could save you thousands of dollars with very minimal cost.
Regular maintenance for our cars and our homes is commonplace, yet the roof over our head (whether residential, commercial or industrial) is often the last thing on our minds once it’s been installed. The failure to find and correct roofing defects and deterioration as early as possible is thought to be the most prevalent cause of premature roof failure, no matter the type of structure you own. Every year, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of homes and businesses that need to be prematurely re-roofed, simply because they didn’t have a proper maintenance program in place.
It’s critical that you inspect your roof every spring and fall. A good time to do this is when you’re cleaning your gutters.
- Look for missing, damaged or curling shingles and any other signs of wear and tear. It’s easy and inexpensive to replace one or two shingles or to hire someone to do it for you.
- Check for signs of fungus or algae. If your roof is starting to collect moss or algae, install zinc or lead control strips.
- Inspect metal areas for rust. If it’s present, wire brushes the rust, then prime and paint the metal.
- Examine the flashing to make sure it’s solid. If not, remove all of the old caulk and scrub the area clean before resealing.
- Seal any cracked mortar or caulking around joints and chimneys, if it appears to be deteriorating.
For a thorough and professional roofing maintenance inspection call TRS Roofing