Tile roofing has stood the test of time offering durability and outstanding design. If it’s style you’re going for, you may find the perfect match in tile shingles. Tile shingles can be molded in several different shapes and are often made in lighter colors, which keeps them cool. They are also:
- Often seen on properties that have a colonial Spanish or Mediterranean style
- Some of the most visually appealing and enduring (lasting for roughly 80 years)
- Among the most expensive
You have to consider the cost of installation when looking at these tiles, because it’s pricey. Tile shingles may be too heavy to be placed on your roof, especially if you had asphalt shingles before. Be sure to have your home’s structure thoroughly examined by a trusted and experienced roofing contractor.
Some common problems that come with tile shingles include leaks, small cracks or holes and cracked or broken tiles. To repair them, you can:
- Fill the cracks or holes with plastic roofing cement
- Seal or join the cracks
- Pry up the tiles around the cracked and broken ones and then replace them
- Spread roofing cement around the cracks or holes
Call TRS for a quote on your new Tile Roofing. We have the design that will best suit your needs.